Monday, November 13, 2017

Day 4: Mix it up

That's four days in a row. Maybe I will be able to keep this up.

Here's a bit of a time lapse and the finished panel. Out of context, it gives nothing away, so I felt safe sharing. 



If you pay attention to the video, you may spot  how, thanks to inking digitally now, I am actually able to edit or change my pencil. I was once taught by a very prominent inker that "the reader will see my work, not the pencilers". Granted I'm nowhere near as brave as he was and don't think I would give anyone the same advice, however it has pushed me to be looser with my inks and to not always stick a 100% to the pencils. Then again, I am inking myself, and I am a very forgiving individual.



And, as always, if you want to learn more about Jon Pay, there are three comics available on ComiXology (for a very reasonable price if I do say so myself... and I'm a cheapscape...)

(Jon Pay, PI ™ & ©, C. A. Aabø, 2017.)

No comments: