Saturday, November 18, 2017

Day 9: Just sitting on a bench

Told you this was one of Gus MacDugal's "moments" and a sequence I've been looking forward to. Granted, as I discovered, I was not looking forward to the background. One of those background that is a LOT of work to get right, because if you have one line wrong, it ruins the whole effect. And in this case it was three times as important to get it right (you see why over the next few days...). I do think I pulled it off. What do you think?


And speaking of Gus moments, here's one of my favorites ones from Jon Pay, PI: The Comedy is Over. It was written by my partner-in-crime, Rob X Román and this scene is pure Gus. TCiO was a first in so many ways: the first JP that was produced fully digitally, the shortest production time, the most noir-ish to date, and the first one where I did not write the script. Up on till this story, I would write the script and Rob would iron out some kinks (or tell me everything I'd done wrong...). This time around, Rob wrote the script and I tried desperately to find something, ANYTHING, he'd done wrong. It was one of the must fun and educational comic-productions I've had. Look forward to doing it again, either with another Jon Pay adventure or we may go Steampunk Western. When Rob's involved, you don't always know where you'll end up. I had never thought Jon would be investigating muder under the Big Top.




And, as always, if you want to learn more about Jon Pay or Gus MacDugal, there are three comics available on ComiXology (for a very reasonable price if I do say so myself... and I'm a cheapscape...)

(Jon Pay, PI and Gus MacDugal ™ & ©, C. A. Aabø, 2017.)

Told youTold youTold youTold you



Told you

No comments: